Monday, April 9, 2012

Devon Moore spaces

                                                         Dr. Henigman

The picture I took was of downtown Columbus, Ohio which is where I was born and raised. While traveling home over this past weekend to spend the holiday with my family back home I went through downtown and I felt as if this was the perfect picture for this assignment. When coming to Columbus this is one of the first views that symbolize that you are officially in Columbus. As you can see in the picture there are several different businesses such as a Chase Bank and a Renaissance Hotel. Downtown is considered to be the busiest place in Columbus and it’s a very people friendly place due to all the businesses and community activities that occurs. Some people use downtown for everyday activities like going to the bank or just grabbing a bite to eat and for others it’s use as their workplace. Also some people may use it for shelter or to go to different festival like the rib fest or the Red, white and bloom. Over the years the appearance of downtown has changed. There has been some remodeling of the buildings and even some new ones was build.  What was once a place filled with abandon and historical buildings is now up to date with more modern day foundations. This picture has a lot of meaning to it and is a great photograph to represent Columbus Ohio.
Devon Moore

1 comment:

  1. I chose this picture, because it was the first to catch my eye. by looking at this photo, it reminds me of my hometown, Norfolk Va. I Know this picture means a lot to to you, because its your stomping ground and where you grew up at. Hopefully one day the city of Columbus will be yours!

    By Enoch Hood

    ReplyDelete