Thursday, April 5, 2012

Enoch Hood Space

My picture is taken of the JMU Convocation center. The Convo, which was completed in 1982, is used for intercollegiate basketball games, concerts and large meetings. This building normally seats 7,612 people. When you come into the building, you get to see picture of the people who accomplish things I wish to do. Those brings the excitement out of you, makes you proud of your University.
 I chose this place, because it’s where I spend majority of my time throughout the day. When I’m here at the Convo, I am practicing, doing weight training, doing homework, or even sleeping. As you can see I get a lot of things accomplish here. This place is where I put in my hard work, even if it’s on the court or doing school work. However, I believe the Convo has effect on other people and students to, like when fans and students come out and support JMU. They come out and have fun, and also get rowdy to support the players who represent their school.

By: Enoch Hood

3 comments:

  1. I picked this photo because i like how it is shown full and empty. The photographer pretty much said everything that it is used for. I cannot think of anything else one would use it for. I have only used the spaces to watch concerts and go to see our JMU men’s basketball team play even though there are many other uses for it. I think what moves me about this image is that they show it full and empty which gives the viewer two ways to look at it and understand how the space is used.

    Comment by Courtland Womble

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture really stood out to me because of the contrast in the two pictures. It really highlights the excitement and use of the Convo as a place where athletes can meet to compete and fans can come together and cheer for their school. I did a similar picture but it was of the stadium because that is the place where I put all of my hard work in for practices and conditioning. I can really relate to you and how this place is important to you like the stadium is important to me. I've never actually seen the Convocation Center completely filled with fans because every time I'm in it I am doing some sort of soccer workout. This space is not only for competitions and fans, but it is also a place for athletes to train and practice. Depending on the workout I have to do, this place can be either a happy memory or a bad one.
    -Eileen Sechler. Professor Connerley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture really means a lot to me because basketball is what I live for. The gym is where I spend most of my time; if it’s not at a game, it’s for practice or just to shoot around and better myself as a player and a team member. Another thing that really caught my attention was the fact that one picture was with the stands empty and the other one was with it filled with fans. I know the feeling of being in both positions and what it takes to get there. The intensity and vibe that takes over you when the crowd is screaming and cheering you on is a feeling that can’t be explained. Not only is this is place for me and my teammates to enjoy what we do, it’s also home for a lot of other JMU athletes.
    GAMST 200
    Dr. Henigman
    Devon Moore

    ReplyDelete